Make a Donation
We are here to help families through the terrible ordeal of a missing child, but we can’t do it without you.
The numbers are shocking. Approximately 45,000 children go missing in Canada each year. That’s one child every 11 minutes, every single day, 365 days a year.
Your support can help reunite families:
- Our investigators work closely with law enforcement agencies to conduct frontline, hands-on investigation, and close an average of 2-3 registered files per week.
- Our Search Program utilizes the latest technology to engage individuals, corporate Canada and the media in the search for missing children.
- Children are returned to their homes and families are reunited or provided answers. But we can’t do it without your help.
Why the Missing Children Society of Canada?
MCSC fulfills a unique mandate. While we hope you will never have to turn to us for support, we are here to help families who are dealing with the terrible ordeal of a missing child, and we remain by their side for hours, days, weeks or years. Here are a few important facts to know:
- We are the only non-profit organization in Canada that utilizes an in-house team of former law enforcement to actively investigate and search for missing children;
- We provide our services at no cost to families;
- We do not stop searching until we have answers.
Help Us Bring Children Home
Whether you want to make a one-time donation or join our monthly giving program, your support is essential to helping us reunite families. Every dollar makes a difference. The following are some examples of how we put your contributions to use:
- $10/month – allows us to have a 24 hour answering service for anyone to call in at any time;
- $25/month – pays for our toll-free tip line for anyone to leave a tip at any time;
- $50/month – keeps our online case directory maintained and up-to-date;
- $75/month – helps provide intranet access anywhere our investigators need to be;
- $100 – allows our Investigative Coordinator to register two new cases;
- $200 – covers the cost of an investigator mediating a long-distance parental abduction resolution by telephone (3-5 phone calls);
- $500 – provides 3-5 family support counseling sessions for an emotionally-distressed family member of an abducted child;
- $2,500 – funds one entire day of a 4-day ground search for a missing child.
How to Give
There are many different ways to give to MCSC:
- Make a donation online;
- Join our monthly giving program and become a ‘Frontline Partner’;
- Give us a call at 1-403-291-0705 ext. 233 and make a donation over the phone;
- Download one of the printable PDF donation forms below and return it to us at:
Missing Children Society of Canada
Suite 219, 3501 – 23 Street NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 6V8 Canada
Charitable Registration Number: 10770 6392 RR0001. We issue tax receipts for all donations of $10 or more.
The Missing Children Society of Canada aligns itself with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards as outlined here:
Code of Ethics
We adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights, developed by AFP, AAFRC, AHP & CASE, and available to view here:
Donor Bill of Rights